There’s no shortage of activities in Camden!
- Camden is home to ten historic schooners. Watch them maneuver in the harbor, go aboard for a view of sailing life in the past or take a sail on beautiful Penobscot Bay. Trips range from two hours to a week-long relaxing vacation. See a video of a trip on board one of our Camden schooners.
- Watch this video from New England Boating Network—boating, kayaking, hiking, and lobster—all in Camden!
- Take a sea kayaking tour or swim and canoe on Lake Megunticook.
- Take a hike on Camden Hills State Park’s myriad trails which reward you with spectacular panoramas of the area. During the summer, pick wild blueberries and snack your way to the top of the trail.
- In our glorious fall, pick apples at an orchard.
- Rent bikes and leaf peep on two wheels in the brisk fall air, or take the bikes by ferry to an island and pedal the perimeter.
- Go on a self-guided lighthouse tour—how many will you see in a day?
- Take in ocean views from the Snow Bowl as you navigate the trails of our local ski mountain, also home to the toboggan nationals and year-round activities.
- Lace up your ice skates and cruise across one of our frozen lakes or downtown outdoor rink.
- Kids love beachcombing for sea glass and playing in our parks.
- Visit the Belted Galloways–also affectionately known as Oreo cookie cows—at Aldermere Farm.
- Spend the afternoon in our charming library with the best library view on the East Coast. Picnic at nearby Harbor Park or the attached outdoor amphitheater.
|Live Showing of New PBS Andre the Seal Documentary at the Opera House|